- Dr. Chad Engbers
- Covenant Fine Arts Center 280 (Map)
- (616) 526-8516
- Curriculum Vitae
Professor Engbers graduated from Calvin College in 1993 with a degree in English. He went on to earn a master of arts in English Reformation and Renaissance literature from The Catholic University of America in 1995. He returned to Calvin to teach in the English department in 2001, and two years later received his Ph.D in English literature from The Catholic University of America.
Professor Engbers led the Semester in Britain program in 2018 and will do so again in 2021. He recently published an article on alchemy in John Donne's Holy Sonnets and is working on a rhetorical analysis of George Herbert's penitential poems. His other work includes a co-edited volume on dialogism and poetry and an article on integrating faith and learning in the world literature classroom in a collection of essays from Abilene Christian University Press, The Word in the English Classroom: Best Practices of Faith Integration.
- Playing guitar and mandolin
- Walking and hiking
- King Lear by Shakespeare
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Read about Professor Engbers's 2008 interim course "Talking Pictures"
- Repentance in the Countess of Pembrooke's Psalms of David, Minds in the Making
- Brave New Words: Statement of Faith and Learning, Minds in the Making
- Download Curriculum Vitae
- Literature of the English Renaissance and Reformation
- Russian literature
- Mikhail Bakhtin
- C.G. Jung
Learn more about Calvin's excellent faculty and learning environment by scheduling a campus visit.Visit »
- Course code: