It’s an exciting time of growth at Calvin University as our facilities undergo a dynamic transformation. Thank you for partnering with us as we eagerly await the completion of construction of new spaces for learning, playing, and community building.
Find timely updates regarding campus construction projects both here and through Calvin University’s social media channels.
- Hekman Library
- The canopy covering the external staircase on the east side of the library has been removed and holes are being cut along exterior walls where new windows will be installed on the 300 level.
- On the inside of Hekman, drywall is being hung, painting is beginning and furniture selection for redesigned interior spaces is near completion.
- Outdoor Athletics
- The first ever Calvin home lacrosse game took place on the new turf field on February 13. Student athletes and coaches were excited and grateful to make use of the new space!
- Renderings will be finalized soon for both the football building and soccer stadium.
- On the new soccer stadium, concrete footings are being finished. Once the cement work is done, masonry and structural steel will begin to go up.
- External steel is continuing on the football building and interior rough-ins are beginning.
- Geothermal drilling supporting both buildings is complete and tie-ins to the buildings should be completed in the next two week.
The Build Up team is back and excited to share (and show you!) the campus construction progress that was made during winter break and so far this semester.