Charting the Course of the Reformation
The Meeter Center houses one of the world’s largest collections of materials on John Calvin, Calvinism, the Reformation and early modern studies. The Center, jointly supported by Calvin University and Calvin Theological Seminary, invites you to explore the world of John Calvin and the Reformation. The Center's extensive resources and friendly personnel facilitate research on Calvin's thought and impact in his own time and today.
Start your research here:
Welcome! The Meeter Center is open to scholars by appointment starting July 20.
In order to visit us by appointment, please observe the following requirements:
- You must keep track of your temperature the morning of your visit and email it to email@example.com before you come in for your appointment. If we do not receive your email prior to your visit, you may not be admitted to the Meeter Center.
- You must use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the Meeter Center.
- You must wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth at all times in Hekman Library, including in the Meeter Center.
- On the morning of your appointment, before you arrive, please complete the following short form: https://calvin.edu/go/campusclear.
- Upon arrival at Hekman Library, please phone 616-526-7081, and a staff member will come and meet you at the main entrance and escort you to the Meeter Center.
Sign up for your appointment here. If you do not have a Calvin email, please note that you may proceed as a guest.
Learn about our unique collection and programs
Featured Upcoming Events
Virtual Reformation Tour Part II - Eastern Europe Part II
- 1:30 PM
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020
High School Lesson Plans
Utilize our collection of curriculum materials for teaching highschool students about Calvinism and the Reformation.
John Calvin's Works in English
Browse our digital collection of Calvin's translated works.
Fellowships & Scholarships
The Meeter Center offers scholarships for high school students, graduate students, and pastors.
John Calvin’s birthday commemorated with cake, speech, bagpipes?
On July 10th, the H. Henry Meeter Center hosted a lively celebration of John Calvin's 509th birthday on the Chapel patio.
News & Stories, July 11, 2018
Calvin College observes 500th anniversary of the Reformation
A series of events have been planned to commemorate the milestone year.
News & Stories, March 8, 2017
Professor dives deep into history of rare manuscript
Meeter Center houses medieval document that is worth $70,000.
News & Stories, October 12, 2015
John Calvin at 502
Read English professor James Vanden Bosch's speech—and a short Vanden Bosch Q&A—for John Calvin's 502nd birthday.
News & Stories, July 11, 2011
Meeter Center hosts institute for high school teachers
In 16th-century France, Protestants and Catholics living in the same village wrestled with questions like the following: what if your Protestant grandson wants to marry a Catholic girl? High school teachers will have the opportunity to wrestle with these and other related questions via “Making Sense of the Reformation.”
News & Stories, September 1, 2008