- Wednesday, July 10, 2019
- 2:00 PM–7:00 PM
On July 10, 2019, on the 510th birthday of John Calvin. Calvin College will be officially assuming the name of Calvin University. To mark this milestone, you're invited to a day of dedication, thanksgiving, and celebration.
To mark this historical milestone, you’re invited to a day of dedication, thanksgiving, and celebration. Faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, donors, and friends are invited!
Schedule of events
- 2:00 p.m. Panel Discussion: "Anticipating Calvin University," Covenant Fine Arts Center Recital Hall. Hear from campus leaders about the vision for Calvin University and the practical shifts that will happen to bring about a university structure.
- Joel Carpenter (providing a narrative arc—looking back and projecting ahead toward Vision 2030)
- Todd Cioffi (highlighting CPI, emphasizing a new kind of student with an unconventional “extension” program)
- Amy Wilstermann (highlighting internal collaboration: Rare Diseases and Honors Program; emphasizing our commitment to “conventional” students)
- Adejoke Ayoola (highlighting external collaborations: GR community with Nursing, and budding relationship with Bowen University in Nigeria)
- Cheryl Brandsen (respondent)
Moderator: David Wunder
- 3:30 p.m. Dedication Service, Chapel. Join together as we thank God, dedicate the university, and ask for guidance in this new era for our community. Watch live
- 4:30 p.m. Food and fun, West Field. Enjoy complimentary food, lawn games, inflatables, a balloon artist, a caricature artist, and more! Families are welcome and encouraged to attend!
*Free food, lawn games, inflatables, balloon artist, caricature artist, and much more! Bring your family!
The food will be supplied by the following food trucks:
- Patty Matters (gourmet sliders)
- Donkey Catering Truck (tacos)
- D&D Gluten Free (topped fries, cauliflower bites)
- Malamiah Juice Bar (assortment of juices)
- Milo's (iced tea, lemonade)
- Kona Ice (shaved ice)
- Doughrunts (topped doughnut holes)
- Two Scotts BBQ
All events are free, but please register for the 4:30 p.m. party so we know how many to expect!
The registration deadline has passed.