If this is your first time in any college or university and you are a U.S. citizen, you've come to the right place. Learn how to apply, make sure to check out the application deadlines, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
To apply to Calvin, please submit the following items:
- Calvin College Application OR The Common Application *Applying for fall of 2018? Please use the Calvin College Application.
- High school transcript - submitted by your guidance counselor (may also be requested via the Common Application)
- SAT or ACT or CLT scores - either from your official high school transcript or sent directly from the testing agency. (SAT code 1095; ACT code 1968; CLT is the Classic Learning Test)
- Academic recommendation - submitted by a teacher you choose (may also be requested via the Common Application)
- If you’ve done any college course work, please submit your transcript(s).
Completed applications are considered on a rolling basis until the deadlines below. For maximum scholarship consideration, be admitted by February 1.
|Type||Fall Semester||January Interim||Spring Semester|
|First-Year||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Transfer||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Canadian||Aug. 1||N/A||Jan. 10|
|International||April 1||N/A||Dec. 15*|
*We do not accept international applications mid-year unless you are an international student in the U.S. who is transferring to Calvin.
First-year student profile 2018-2019
- High school GPA (average) 3.7
- ACT average 26
- SAT average 1212
Calvin College does not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, or disability in any of its educational programs or activities.