If you're a Canadian citizen, this is the place for you. Get information on applying to Calvin as well as application deadlines and admissions standards.
To apply to Calvin, please submit the following items:
- Calvin College Application OR The Common Application
- High school transcript - submitted by your guidance counselor (may also be requested via the Common Application)
- SAT or ACT or CLT scores - either from your official high school transcript or sent directly from the testing agency. (SAT code 1095; ACT code 1968; CLT is the Classic Learning Test) SAT/ACT scores are waived for applicants with cumulative average marks of 75% and above.
- Academic recommendation - submitted by a teacher you choose (may also be requested via the Common Application)
- If you’ve done any college course work, please submit your transcript(s).
Apply for admission by January 1 and Calvin will waive the $35 application fee!
Please note that if you are a US/Canadian dual citizen, you will need a US passport to enter the country.
Completed applications are considered on a rolling basis until the deadlines below. For maximum scholarship consideration, be admitted by February 1.
|Type||Fall Semester||January Interim||Spring Semester|
|First-Year||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Transfer||Aug. 15||Dec. 10||Jan. 10|
|Canadian||Aug. 15||N/A||Jan. 10|
|International||April 1||N/A||Dec. 15*|
*We do not accept international applications mid-year unless you are an international student in the U.S. who is transferring to Calvin.
First-year student profile 2018-2019
- High school GPA (average) 3.7
- ACT average 26
- SAT average 1212
Calvin College does not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, or disability in any of its educational programs or activities.