If you’re a Canadian citizen, this is the place for you.
Please note that if you are a US/Canadian dual citizen, you will need a US passport to enter the country.
Steps to apply (in any order)
To apply to Calvin, we need to receive the following:
- Calvin University Application OR The Common Application
- NOTE: International transfer students may only use the Calvin application.
- High school transcript – submitted by your guidance counselor through the application.
- SAT/ACT or IELTS/TOEFL – either from your high school or from the testing agency. See our testing guidelines for more information about which test you should submit.
- Official college/university transcripts – if you’ve done any college or university course work.
- Please note that you need a valid passport to study in the U.S. We encourage you to send us a scanned copy of the ID page of your passport, or begin the necessary paperwork to obtain or renew your passport.
Apply by January 1 and Calvin will waive the $35 application fee. Applications from Canadian students will be considered until August 1.
For application deadlines, visit Facts & Standards »
Submit the following financial aid form by April 1:
- Complete the International Student Application for Financial Aid.
We do not accept forms from any other sources such as The College Board and we require all supporting documents to be original or certified copies.
Provide supporting financial documentation (income and bank statements) via e-mail. We require:
- Parent’s income statement – This can be a statement issued by their employer, person in charge of company finances, or it can be government issued tax document with the income amount listed.
- Parent’s savings statement – This bank statement must be recent and should demonstrate that you can cover at least two years towards your educational costs. If this is a checking account, the transaction history must not exceed three months.
- Sponsor’s letter of intent (if applicable) – This is a letter written by your sponsor indicating the amount they pledge towards your educational costs for each year.
- Sponsor’s savings statement (if applicable) – This bank statement must be recent and should demonstrate that your sponsor can cover at least two years of their pledged amount from savings. If this is a checking account, the transaction history must not exceed 3 months.
Please log in to continue an application or access your New Student Portal.
First-year student profile 2023–2024*
- High school GPA 3.8
- ACT 22–30
- SAT 1080–1330
*What if your scores are lower? Higher?
We still encourage you to apply! These scores only represent the middle 50% of our first-year students. When we review your application, we take your entire application into consideration.
Calvin University does not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, or disability in any of its educational programs or activities.