Get involved with a dedicated community of like-minded students and faculty, eager to grow in their knowledge and experience. Take the opportunity to study abroad on one of Calvin's off-campus semester programs, or one of the numerous interims, or join a student organization related to your specific interests.
Opportunities to study abroad
Put your public health knowledge to work in the real world by participating in an off-campus interim or semester. Research global health in Hungary and learn how to fight the spread of HIV/AIDS and extreme poverty, discover how to influence health care policies by doing an internship in Washington, D.C. or partner with SafeWater Ghana and bring clean water to people at risk from poor water consumption.
Semester in Ghana
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this off-campus program has been suspended. The information on this page is available for reference and planning purposes, but may no longer be accurate. If and when Calvin is able to re-open this and other off-campus programs, information will be provided at the main Off-Campus Programs website. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Off-Campus Programs office. Find yourself standing in a crowd full of surprising contrasts: a young woman wearing traditional clothing is text-messaging a friend while a suited businessman walks by, carrying a traditional offering to a tribal chief. This is Ghana, where the country's diverse peoples and cultures are finding ways to coexist in a rapidly modernizing country.
The Henry Semester in Washington, D.C.
- In Washington, D.C. you'll gain a real-world perspective on the ideas you've learned in the classroom at Calvin. Political science major or not, you can work with Career Development to find a place to gain valuable experience in your field of study. And all this with the nation's capital as the backdrop. You might work at CNN, the Canadian Embassy, the Department of Transportation, Amnesty International or even the White House—the possibilities are endless.
Semester in Hungary
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this off-campus program has been suspended. The information on this page is available for reference and planning purposes, but may no longer be accurate. If and when Calvin is able to re-open this and other off-campus programs, information will be provided at the main Off-Campus Programs website. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Off-Campus Programs office. Get to know a major European city better than you know your own neighborhood. A hub for food, politics, fine arts, and thermal baths, Budapest, Hungary offers the opportunity to learn alongside inspiring Hungarians who serve refugees, teach in schools, and advocate for positive social change.
BIOL W80 Puerto Rico: Viral Infections, Vaccine Development, and Valued Biodiversity
- Puerto Rico has one of the highest HIV incidence and death rates in the US, many outbreaks of Dengue Fever, and recently it has been hit hard by the Zika virus. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a branch on the island, which became a center to do research on the Zika outbreak and control measures. Puerto Rico also became a national center for HIV/AIDS vaccine development in 2014.
Join a student organization
Student Sustainability Council
- The Student Sustainability Council aims to raise consciousness of current environmental issues to the Calvin community and emphasize our collective responsibility for Christian stewardship.
Students for Compassionate Living
- Students for Compassionate Living seeks to educate the Calvin community about the practical implications of its daily choices with regard to animals, and to support students who strive to redeem fallen structures in issues of animal welfare.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.