The Calvin Spark is the quarterly magazine of the Calvin alumni association. Intended primarily for the 50,000 members of the association, the publication also aims to build relationships with Calvin friends and reflect a reformed Christian perspective to anyone reading the magazine.
First published in the spring of 1954, The Spark continues the legacy of alumni communication begun with the initiation of the "Alumni Letter" in 1925. It is published four times a year: Spring/March, Summer/June, Fall/September, and Winter/December.
All alumni can write to the magazine to send news updates, feedback or make content suggestions to email@example.com.
- Encourage engagement of alumni and friends with Calvin College, building in each an identity as full members of the Calvin community
- Communicate Calvin news and initiatives
- Facilitate communication between alumni and the college and between alums themselves
- Encourage action (support and service) on behalf of Calvin
- Encourage participation in local and national alumni events, as well as other forms of interaction
- Address the full spectrum of alumni interests (generations, culture, geography, etc.)
- Be a continuing education source to readers, reflecting a distinctive Reformed perspective
- Draw an increasingly wider national audience to Calvin as a center of Christian thought
- Indicate Calvin’s faithfulness to its mission and purpose
- Present messages effectively through thought-provoking content and attractive design
- Michael Van Denend
- Lynn Rosendale
- Phil deHaan
- Jeff Febus
- Amanda Greenhoe