- Reimbursements: Please refer to your Google Drive
- Capital items request form
All student organizations looking to make a purchase with their line item budget must request a credit card (Costs over $100) or be reimbursed using the link found here.
Contact your Finance Chair at email@example.com:
Any organization is eligible to apply for funding to attend a conference appropriate to that student organization. Student organizations can not budget specific line items for conferences. The finance chair, under the advisement of the finance committee, controls an account containing funds that are to be used for conferences.
Click here to request funding for a conference.
What is it?
The budgeting process is a formal process which requires a budget hearing set before the finance committee. During this time, each organization will present their proposed budget for the next year and answer questions from the finance committee. The budgeting process can be strenuous for some, depending on how well they've managed the current year's budget. Org budgets are
When is it?
The budgeting process typically takes place the last few weeks of March
What are the budget lines?
When creating your budget, consider using the following budget lines:
- Campus Store - Things purchased at the Campus Store, such as office supplies.
- Copy Center (Printing Services) - Charges for making copies or having things printed in printing services.
- Dues and memberships - Supplement for memberships or dues for an organization with a Calvin chapter.
- Equipment - All purchases for equipment to help an organization carry out its purpose.
- Honoraria - Charges for speakers or gifts for speakers.
- Office Supplies - For office supplies purchased at off-campus locations.
- Programming - Any expenses related to the programs of an organization with the exception of transportation and food.
- Promotional - Expenses related to promoting or publicizing an organization with the exception of Printing Services (use Copy
- Refreshments - All food expenses.
- Retreats - Charges relating to the costs of putting on a retreat such as lodging, food and/or transportation. If renting vehicles through Calvin, use Transportation line.
- Revenue - All income coming into an organization for dues, income, etc.
- Transportation - Charges for transportation according to the SSFC policy.
What do I need to do?
As the budgeting process draws closer, we will give you more information about what needs to happen. However, the budgeting process and rechartering process go hand in hand. When you recharter your organization you are asked to hand in a proposed budget for next year. As a rule of thumb, we ask that you try and limit any proposed budget increase to no more
Can I shift funds between line items during the year?
Funds are not to be shifted between line items during the year. The reason budgets are used is to limit the amount of spending on different areas of your budget. Only in