Congratulations on your graduation from Calvin!
Listed below is information regarding your Calvin accounts and access to Calvin services (Office 365, Google Apps, Moodle, Eduroam wireless access, printing access, network storage, and other Calvin services).
Students will lose access to their technology accounts 2 months after the end of your last academic period.
- What will happen to my accounts?
Your Calvin student accounts (Office 365, Google Apps, Moodle, etc) will be available for 2 months following the end of your last academic period. Your accounts (along with all associated files and emails) will be deleted. This means:
- You will not have access to files stored in your cloud storage account (OneDrive).
- You will not be able to check, receive, or forward your Calvin Office 365 email.
- You will not have access to Google Apps content (Drive, Docs, Calendar, etc) associated with your Calvin account.
- You will not have access to Moodle.
- You will not have access to Calvin services (including, but not limited to AER, unofficial transcripts, financial records, pay advices, etc).
- Any other files stored in your Calvin accounts and access associated with Calvin accounts will be deleted.
- You will lose access to Microsoft Office 365 online apps and any Office programs you have installed on your computer will change to read-only versions of the programs on the date of your graduation
- What do I need to do prior to my accounts being removed?
- Transfer or save all files in your OneDrive and Google Drive to another location. We suggest copying data to an external hard drive. You can also use Google's Takeout service to download information from your Google Apps to a personal archive.
- Obtain another personal email account. We suggest using a free email service such as Gmail.
- Archive, back up, or forward any email you want to keep. Setup your personal email account in the Outlook client (download and install if necessary). Instructions from Microsoft can be found here.
- Make sure to change any online services and accounts associated with your Calvin email (such as recovery emails, login information, etc) to your personal email address.
- Send out a notice of email address change, since all correspondence to your Calvin email will result in a mail delivery failure notice to the sender two months after your graduation date.
- Backup, copy, and/or print off any forums, documents, bills, pay advices, etc from within Self Service that you would like to keep for your records.
- Unsubscribe from any non-Calvin mailing lists you have joined from your Calvin email account.
- Can I get access to my student email after my accounts are removed?
CIT is not able to grant access to email (or any other Calvin accounts) for graduated students once your accounts have been removed. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. Accounts and online services at Calvin are activated and removed based on your status with the university. This is an automated process. CIT does not have the authority to change your status with the institution.
- What computer resources are available to me after I graduate?
To support some of your post-graduation activities, Calvin University provides limited access to some of our computing resources.
- The Hekman Library Digital Resource Center has computers available for Internet research.
- The Career Resource Center (Hekman Library) has computers available for work on resumes, graduate school applications, and other career-related uses.
- What if I am working on finishing an incomplete course?
Extended access to your accounts while finishing an incomplete course cannot be granted unless you are planning to return to Calvin and have made special arrangement with the Center for Student Success.
- What if I am working for Calvin University after I graduate?
If you will be employed by Calvin after your graduation and do not already have staff accounts, ask your supervisor to request the necessary accounts and access using the employee onboarding process in the CIT Service Center so that you will keep your Calvin network account and have access to Calvin email via Office 365. You will not be able to keep your student account or email address (including Google content stored on or associated with this account) even as an employee.