***PLEASE NOTE: For the Class of 2020, accounts will remain open through November 1st, 2020***
Congratulations on your graduation from Calvin!
Listed below is information regarding your Calvin accounts and access to Calvin services (Office 365, Calvin Google Apps, Moodle, wireless access, printing access, network storage, and other Calvin services).
- May graduates will have access until August 1st
- Summer graduates will have access until November 1st
- December graduates will have access until March 1st
- January graduates will have access until April 1st
- What will happen to my accounts?
Your Calvin student accounts (Office 365, Google Apps, Moodle, etc) will be available for 2 months following your graduation. 2 months after your graduation, your accounts (along with all associated files and emails) will be deleted. This means:
- You will not have access to files stored in your network account (your H Drive on Bighorn).
- You will not be able to check, receive, or forward your Calvin Office 365 email.
- You will not have access to Google Apps content (Drive, Docs, Calendar, etc) associated with your Calvin account.
- You will not have access to Moodle.
- You will not have access to Calvin services (including services and documentation such as AER, unofficial transcripts, financial records, pay advices, etc).
- Any other files stored in your Calvin accounts and access associated with Calvin accounts will be deleted.
- You will lose access to Microsoft Office 365 online apps and any Office programs you have installed on your computer will change to read-only versions of the programs on the date of your graduation
- What do I need to do prior to my accounts being removed?
- Transfer or save all files in your network account (H Drive) and Google Drive to another location. We suggest copying data to an external hard drive. You can also use Google's Takeout service to download information from your Google Apps to a personal archive.
- Archive, back up, or forward any email you want to keep. If you have a personal Gmail account, you can follow Google's steps on moving email and contacts from another account to Gmail.
- Obtain another personal email account. We suggest using a free email service such as Gmail.
- Make sure to change any online services and accounts associated with your Calvin email (such as recovery emails, login information, etc) to your personal email address.
- Send out a notice of email address change, since all correspondence to your Calvin email will result in a mail delivery failure notice to the sender two months after your graduation date.
- Backup, copy, and/or print off any forums, documents, bills, pay advices, etc from within the Calvin portal services that you would like to keep for your records.
- Unsubscribe from any non-Calvin mailing lists you have joined from your Calvin email account.
- Can I get access to my student email after my accounts are removed?
CIT is not able to grant access to email (or any other Calvin accounts) for graduated students beginning two months after your graduation date. Accounts and online services at Calvin are activated and removed based on your status with the university. This is an automated process. CIT does not have the authority to change your status with the institution. In order to have access to your accounts following graduation, you must have some status with the university such as being currently enrolled in classes (Center for Student Success) or employed by Calvin (Human Resources or the Provost Office).
- What computer resources are available to me after I graduate?
To support some of your post-graduation activities, Calvin University provides limited access to some of our computing resources.
- The Hekman Library Digital Resource Center has computers available for Internet research.
- The Career Resource Center (Hekman Library) has computers available for work on resumes, graduate school applications, and other career-related uses.
- The IT Computer Lab has designated computer stations that can be used by alumni for personal needs (such as resumes, letters, etc...), but not for business purposes or for outside organizations. Specific usage policies are located at each station and printing services are not provided.
- What if I am working on finishing an incomplete course?
Extended access to your accounts while finishing an incomplete course cannot be granted unless you are planning to return to Calvin and have made special arrangement with the Center for Student Success. If you are not planning to return to Calvin, access will be disabled two months after you graduate.
- What if I am working for Calvin University after I graduate?
If you will be employed by Calvin after your graduation and do not already have staff accounts, ask your supervisor to request the necessary accounts and access using the employee onboarding process in the CIT Service Center so that you will keep your Calvin network account and have access to Calvin email via Office 365. You will not be able to keep your student account or email address (including Google content stored on or associated with this account) even as an employee.