Calvin College accounts are automatically activated and deactivated depending on your current affiliation with the college.
When logging in to your Calvin account, you will use a passphrase. Secure passphrases are the key to ensuring the security and confidentiality of information. Your Calvin passphrase must meet the following requirements:
- current or previously used passphrases may never be reused
- must be 15-30 characters long
- must use characters from two or more of the following character sets:
- Lowercase letters
- Uppercase letters
- Symbols, Punctuation, or Spaces (some systems may not accept a passphrase with a comma)
- must include at least 4 different characters
- must not start or end with a space
- must not repeat the same character 3 times sequentially
- password expiration is enforced
What does my passphrase access?
Your Calvin passphrase will access most Calvin services including but not limited to Moodle, eduroam wireless, Calvin Office 365, Colleague, Calvin G Suite Apps, as well as providing access to on-campus computers and server-based file storage.