Calvin University technology accounts are automatically activated and deactivated depending on your affiliation with Calvin. Admitted students receive their username and account claim instructions from Admissions. New faculty, staff, and contingent workers receive their username from the Calvin account hub.
What services does my Calvin account provide access to?
The following are some of the resources and services your Calvin account gives you access to:
- Microsoft 365 apps
- Calvin email
- eduroam wireless (including eduroam access at other institutions)
- Calvin computer logins including lab, classroom, and public spaces
- Network file storage (for faculty, staff, and student workers)
- Other student or faculty/staff or admitted student resources
What are the requirements for my Calvin passphrase?
When logging in to your Calvin account, you will use a passphrase. Secure passphrases are the key to ensuring the security and confidentiality of information. Your Calvin passphrase must meet the following requirements:
- current or previously used passphrases may never be reused
- must be 15-30 characters long
- must use characters from two or more of the following character sets:
- Lowercase letters
- Uppercase letters
- Symbols, Punctuation, or Spaces (some systems may not accept a passphrase with a comma)
- must include at least 4 different characters
- must not start or end with a space
- must not repeat the same character 3 times sequentially
- password expiration is enforced