Come join us for four weeks of on-campus learning to prepare for attending a university in the U.S. You’ll take a course for credit, improve your conversational and academic English skills, and become confident in who you are in a safe, welcoming environment.
Due to the possibility of travel restrictions and other unknowns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the inaugural International Summer Academy program has been postponed until Summer 2022. Join our list to stay up-to-date on future opportunities with Calvin University, including the academy.
- An academic and cultural immersion experience to prepare upcoming high school/secondary school sophomores, juniors, and seniors to attend a university in the U.S.
- Students will live on campus and experience university life while participating in one of two study tracks (academic or language).
- Use Calvin’s state-of-the-art fitness facilities for activities like rock climbing and swimming.
- Participate in group devotions and outings such as a trip to Chicago.
Costs and scholarships
The cost of the program covers tuition, room and board, books, and activities. International Summer Academy students qualify for the $4,000 Mosaic Scholarship as well as other merit-based scholarships if they later enroll at Calvin University for full-time undergraduate study.
International students living in the United States, international students living abroad, or Americans living abroad qualify for this program if they meet the following criteria:
- Students who are currently enrolled in their freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior year in high school/secondary school
- Students who have an advance English language level (academic track), or an intermediate English language level (English immersion track)
The International Summer Academy application will go live in the spring of 2022. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until all spaces are filled. Applicants will be notified within two weeks regarding admissions decisions. Please review the eligibility requirements before applying.