- BA in Biology, Hope College, 1969-1973
- MS in Physiology, Michigan State University, 1973-1976
- PhD in Physiology, Michigan State University, 1976-1981
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Texas A&M University College of Medicine, 1981-1983
Dr. Nyhof teaches human and comparative animal physiology. He is the Pre-Medical Program adviser and also the adviser for Pre-Dentistry and Pre Physician Assistant students.
- Human Anatomy
- Human physiology
- Comparative Animal Physiology
- John J. Cai, Joel A. Caldon, Anita R. Henderson and Richard A. Nyhof, Effect of a-adrenergic receptor on reperfusion-induced cardiac arrhythmia and coronary flow, 598.7, Experimental Biology '99, 1999.
- A. Tenyenhuis and R. Nyhof. The vasoactivity of oleic acid in isolated rat blood vessels. Michigan Academician 25:286, 1993.
- N. Pranger and R. Nyhof. The vasoactivity of methylphenidate HCl in isolated rat aortas. Michigan Academician 27:284, 1995.
- Course code: