- BA – Calvin College, 1971
- MA – Northwestern University, 1973
- PhD – Northwestern University, 1975
- German Propaganda Archive - A major collection of translations of propaganda material from the Nazi and East German eras. It includes over 400 translations.
Nazi and East German propaganda. My current project is an analysis of how the Nazis used Franklin D. Roosevelt’s rhetoric for their own purposes.
- Course code:
- "Grassroots Propaganda in the Third Reich: The Reich Ring for National Socialist Propaganda and Public Enlightenment," German Studies Review 33 (2010), 93-118.
- Landmark Speeches of National Socialism (College Station, TX: Texas A & M University Press, 2008).
- "The Argument for Genocide in Nazi Propaganda,” Quarterly Journal of Speech 91 (2005), 37-62.
- Bending Spines: The Propagandas of Nazi Germany and the German Democratic Republic (East Lansing: Michigan State University Press, 2004). French translation: Machines à broyer les âmes: Allemagne totalitaire 1933-1989 (Paris: Klincksieck, 2011).
- Julius Streicher: The Man Who Persuaded a Nation to Hate Jews (New York: Stein and Day, 1983). Reprinted by Dorset Press, New York, 1988. Revised edition published by Cooper Square Press, 2001.
Member, Editorial Board, Baylor University Press series in Religion and Communication.
- Member, Legislative Assembly, National Communication Association, 2001-2004
- Occasional Referee for the Quarterly Journal of Speech, Western Journal of Speech Communication, Journalism Quarterly, Critical Studies in Mass Communication, Southern Journal of Speech Communication, Rhetoric and Public Affairs
Please note: editing your profile is temporarily unavailable for maintenance. If you have an edit to make please contact Communications and Marketing.
- Course code: