Marcie J. Pyper
- BA Calvin College
- MA Michigan State University
- PhD Michigan State University
Spanish-speaking countries visited
Spain, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Honduras, Dominican Republic; Puerto Rico (U.S. territory)
- World language teacher education including second language acquisition, methodology, and curriculum development
- Language learning in study abroad programs
- Motivation in second language learning
- Integration of moral and spiritual values in second language learning
Recent Research and Presentations
- Pyper, Marcie J. & Cynthia Slagter. (2015). Competing priorities: Student perceptions of helps and hindrances to language acquisition during study abroad. Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad Volume XXVI, Fall 2015.
- Pyper, Marcie J. & Cynthia Slagter. (2013). “Spiritual Engagement and Study Abroad: Student Perspectives.” In Journal of Christianity and Foreign Languages, 14 (Spring 2013).
“Living the Dream: Designing an Elementary Field Experience to Match Pedagogical Goals,” Ninth International Conference on Language Teacher Education, 16 May 2015, Minneapolis, MN.
“Shifting the Paradigm for Christian World Language Teaching: Learning from the Past, Working Together for the Future” North American Christian Foreign Language Association. Biola University, La Mirada, CA, March 2015
“Oral Proficiency: Moving Your Students from Novice to Intermediate to Advanced,” Christian Educator’s Association annual meeting. Century Center, South Bend, IN. 25 October 2013 (with C. Slagter).
- Course code:
Research and scholarship
- Off-campus programs:
- Course code: