- MBA in Finance, Western Michigan University, 2002
Director of Finance: D&W Food Centers, Inc., Grand Rapids, MI 1990 to 1996.
Accountable for all aspects of financial management for 25-store supermarket chain. Responsible for financial reporting, insurance purchasing, liability litigation claims management, tax management, financial analysis of operations and growth opportunities, oversight of internal audit function, bank relations, employee benefit plans: health benefits and 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Auditor: Deloitte & Touche, Grand Rapids, MI 1985 – 1990. Responsible for managing, planning, and performing audits of not for profit entities, manufacturing companies, banks and distribution companies.
Professor Voskuil teaches Intermediate Accounting and Introductory Managerial and Financial Accounting. She has an MBA in Finance from Western Michigan University (2002). Prior to coming to Calvin, Professor Voskuil was an Auditor with Deloitte and Touche and was the Director of Finance for a regional chain of supermarkets. She and her family spent three years living in Paris, France, where professor Voskuil was active in the American Church in Paris and English language Bible studies. She continues to support the church in Europe with her financial expertise, serving on its US board. Professor Voskuil is also a board member for the Van Lunen Center for executive management in Christian schools. Professor Voskuil has published articles on Christian Business Scholarship, a Reformed Christian perspective on finance, and is interested in the Financial management of not for profits and foundations.
One thing about Professor Voskuil that most people wouldn't easily guess is that she speaks French "almost" fluently!
- Personal financial management
- Charitable giving by Christians
- Women in the workplace
- Steen, Todd P., Steve Vander Veen, and Julie Voskuil. "Finance: on earth as it is in heaven?" Managerial Finance 32.10 (2006): 802-11.
- Voskuil, Julie A. "Engaging Ideas: Can Christian Business Scholarship Inform Business Practice." Journal of Biblical Integration in Business Fall (2006): 141-62.
- Leonard Van Drunen, Julie Voskuil.(2007) "Christian business owners with charitable intent: When to donate the blessings of wealth." Presentation at Christian Business Faculty Association, October 2007.
- Course code: