MAT, Calvin, 1994
PhD, Michigan State University, 2012
- Urban Education
- Social Context of Education
- Social Justice and Equity in Education
- EDUC-514 - Intro Educational Research
- EDUC-596 - Graduate Seminar
- EDUC-611 - Educators Ldshp Dev Institute
- EDUC-630 - School and Society
- IDIS-205 - Societal Structures and Education
- Course code:
- John Walcott (Education), “Learning from Our Neighbors: Christian Schools in Latin America,” Christian Educators Journal 56, no. 3 (February 2017): 8–10.
- Walcott, J. R. (2014). Review of the book, Becoming teachers of inner-city students: Life histories and teacher stories of committed White teachers, by J.C. Jupp. Teachers College Record, Date published: November 6, 2014. Peer reviewed. http://www.tcrecord.org
- “Equipping Teachers to Understand and Pursue Educational Equity and Justice” (lecture, National Association for Multicultural Education, Salt Lake City, Utah, November 2, 2017).
- "Culturally Relevant Literacy Practices with African American Adolescent Males," (5/22/2015) With Dr. J. Walcott, Calvin College Education Program. Southeast Career Pathways, Grand Rapids Public Schools, Grand Rapids, MI.
- "Accountability 'and/vs' Equity in Urban Education: Where Do We Go From Here?" American Educational Studies Association. Hyatt Regency Hotel, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 10/31/2014
- Led Workshop: How to FOCUS our writing objectives as a school Summer Institute - Improving Teacher Quality. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Michigan. 08/19/2014
- "Scenario Planning," Grand Rapids Initiative for Leaders. LINC Community building, Grand Rapids, Michigan. 02/14/2014
- "Urban-Focused Teacher Preparation at Liberal Arts Colleges," Association for Liberal Arts Colleges of Teacher Education Annual Meeting and Conference. Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, Indianapolis, Indiana. 03/01/2014
- "What Do We Mean by Accountability in Urban-Focused Teacher Preparation," American Education Research Association Annual Meeting. Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 04/03/2014
- "Engaged in Learning," South Christian High School In-service. South Christian High School, Cutlerville, Michigan. 08/22/2013
- Organized/Chaired conference: Summer Seminar Series Summer Seminar - Improving Teacher Quality. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Michigan. 07/24/2014
- Reviewed conference submissions on behalf of the John Dewey Society and articles for the Urban Education journal (2011-2012).
- AILACTE Scholar Award, Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education (AILACTE)
- Improving Teacher Quality Competitive Grant, Michigan Department of Education
- Off-campus programs:
- Student organizations:
- Course code: