- BA Calvin College
- MA New York University
- PhD Indiana University
Camino Interim 2014
Life Outside of Calvin
Hiking, reading fiction, watching movies, cooking (and eating!), playing with my dog
Spanish-speaking countries visited
Spain, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, Honduras, Argentina, Chile, Cuba
Volunteer with Roosevelt Park Ministries
- Contemporary literature of Spain
- Cinema of Spain
- Camino de Santiago
- Language Acquisition and immersion
Professor Slagter works collaboratively with Professor Pyper on a number of projects, including those listed below.
- “Competing priorities: Student perceptions of helps and hindrances to language acquisition during study abroad.” Volume XXVI, Fall 2015 Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad, (www.frontiersjournal.org)
- “Spiritual Engagement and Study Abroad: Student Perspectives.” Journal of Christianity and Foreign Languages 14 (2013) 33-50.
- “Student Intentionality and Personal Volition: Keys to Successful Language Learning during Study Abroad” First International Conference on Spanish in Study Abroad Programs: Learning in a Cultural Immersion Context. Alcalá de Henares, Spain.
- “Shifting the Paradigm for Christian World Language Teaching: Learning from the Past, Working Together for the Future” North American Christian Foreign Language Association. Biola University, La Mirada, CA.
- SPAN-370 - Advanced Topics
- Course code:
Research and scholarship
Is this you? Login to edit.
- Course code: