- Completed a B.A. in Chemistry at Calvin College, 1949
- Received his M.A.T. in science and math at Western Michigan University, 1959
- Received his PhD in Chemistry from Purdue University, 1965
- Hometown: Pella, IA
- Now lives in Grand Rapids with his wife Irene
- Teaching: a course for senior citizens on occasion
- Hosts guests at the Dice Mineralogical Museum by arrangement
- Gives department seminar talks from time to time
- Presents a program for various adult groups now and then on topics related to geology or to the relationship between science and Christian faith.
- Enjoys playing recreational golf
- Worked as an anayltical Chemist for a while
- Taught at Grand Rapids Christian High School
- Worked briefly at Lawrence Radiation Laboratory in Livermore, CA
- Joined the Calvin College Faculty in 1967 as a full-time Professor, hired to develop courses and programs in Earth Science and Geology.
- Retired in 1990
- Science and Christian faith relationships
Research and scholarship
- If Truth Be Known. On Demand Publishing (An Amazon Company), 2012. Freely available for download here
- Science Held Hostage (co-author with Howard J. Van Till and Davis A. Young).Downer's Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1988.
- “A Miniature Planetarium Powered by a Chauncey Jerome Chronometer,” Watch & Clock Bulletin (Journal of the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors), Vol. 55/4,No 404 (July/August 2013), 361-70.
- “Neutron activation analysis of pottery samples from Abila of the Decapolis,” Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, Vol. 266, No. 2 (2005), 235-244. (With L. Minc, M.D.Glascock, and C. Descantes)
- “The Unique Church at Abila of the Decapolis,” Near Eastern Archaeology 67:1 (2004), 40-9.
- A Well-Logging Probe for Measuring Tritium: Construction and Operating Manual, PNL-4620, April 1983, with R. L. Brodzinski.
- A Design Manual for a Well-Logging Probe Capable of Measuring Tritium, PNL-4069 (Pacific Northwest Laboratory, Battelle Memorial Institute), October 1981, with R. L. Brodzinski.
- "Cross Sections for the production of Al-26 from targets of Si, Al, and Fe irradiated by protons of 600 MeV," Proceedings of the 15th Int. Cosmic Ray Conference, Plovdiv, Bulgaria(1977), Vol. 2, p. 116; with G.M. Raisbeck, R. Brodzinski, and N. Wogman.
- "Fission of rhenium with intermediate energy helium ions," Physical Review 153, 1294 (January 20, 1967).
- Ph.D. thesis: "Fission of rhenium with 40-Mev alpha particles." Purdue University, 1966. Thesis advisor: James W. Cobble.
- Numerous brief articles on the relationship of science and Christian faith, with examples from geology and the history of science, published in various church and christian school periodicals.
- Course code: