- Dr. Cheryl Feenstra
- Nursing, Emerita
- Science Building (Map)
- PhD, Michigan State University, Family Ecology, 1996
- MSN, Wayne State University, 1979 (Magna cum Laude)
- BSN, University of Michigan, 1972 (Magna cum Laude)
- Maternal - infant, Community health
- Calvin College Department of Nursing, Professor & Chairperson, 2010 - present
- Calvin College Department of Nursing, Professor, 2004 - 2010
- Calvin College Department of Nursing, Professor & Chairperson, 2000 - 2004
- Hope-Calvin Department of Nursing, Professor, 1999-2000
- Hope-Calvin Department of Nursing, Associate Professor, 1996-1999
- Hope-Calvin Department of Nursing, Assistant Professor, 1989-1996
- University of Michigan, Adjunct Faculty, 1988
- Mercy College of Detroit, Adjunct Faculty, 1986-1987
- Butterworth Hospital, Staff Nurse, 1982 & 1983
- Hope-Calvin Department of Nursing, Adjunct Faculty, 1983
- Grand Valley State University, Adjunct Faculty, 1980-1989
- Grand Valley State University, Instructor, 1979-1980
- L.W. Blake Memorial Hospital, Staff Nurse, 1974-1976
- Ottawa County Health Department, Staff Nurse, 1972, 1973-1974
- St. Joseph Hospital School of Nursing, Instructor, 1972-1973
- Professional Nursing Organizations
- Research in parent-infant communication
- Consultant to International Aid project on Philippine Registered Nurse Utilization
- NURS-327 - Thry: Care for Preg Wmn/Infnts-Adolscnts
- NURS-328 - Strtgy: Care for Preg Wmn/Inf/Children
- NURS-328L - Strtgy: Preg Wmn/Inf/Chrn Lab
- NURS-385 - Nursing Internship
- Course code:
- Ayoola, A., Slager, D., Feenstra, C. & Zandee, G. A Feasibility Study of Women's Confidence and Comfort in Use of a Kit to Monitor Ovulation. Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health. doi: 10.1111/jmwh.12347.
- Feenstra, C., Gordon, B., Hansen, D. & Zandee, G. Managing Community and Neighborhood Partnerships in a Community-Based Nursing Curriculum. Journal of Professional Nursing. May-June, 2006.
- Feenstra, C. (2000). Community based and community focused: Nursing education in community health. Public Health Nursing, 17(3), 155-159.
- Feenstra, C. (2000, October). Healthy people 2010. Michigan Nurse.
- "Three Cultures: Three Expressions of Christian Nursing." (June, 2014). Faith Based Nursing Conference, Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, Indiana.
- "Preconception Monitoring of Women's Ovulation Time and Other Menstrual Changes: A Pilot Study" poster (July, 2011). Sigma Theta Tau 22nd International Research Conference, Cancun, Mexico.
- "From There to Here: Learning Innovative Ways to Improve Healthcare". (November, 2009). American Association of Colleges of Nursing Baccalaureate Education Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
- "Preconception Monitoring of Women's Ovulation time and Other Menstrual Changes: A Pilot Study" done with Ayoola, A., Slager, D., and Zandee, G.L. 2010-2011.
- "Postpartum Emotional Support Program" with Doornbos, M.M., and Roberts, N., Spring 2006 - Spring 2007
- Baxter Neighborhood Participatory Research Project, 2003 - present.
- "Assessment of Intervention Program on Parenting Stress with Young Mothers." Joint project with Kent County Health Department and Arbor Circle, 2000 - present.
- "Parental Variables in Parent-Newborn Communication." 1994-1996
- Coordinator of "Parent-Child Factors in High-Risk Infant Development" project with Mary Horan (Grand Valley State University) and Carol Loveland-Cherry (University of Michigan), 1987-1989.
- "Examination of Clinical Nursing Needs and Nurse Staffing on the Maternity Unit." 1979.
- Elected Secretary of Michigan Association of Colleges of Nursing - July, 2012 - July, 2014
- Ad hoc committee planning 20th Anniversary celebration for Kappa Epsilon Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, Spring, 2008
- Abstract reviewer for annual conference of American Scientific Affiliation/Canadian Scientific and Christian Affiliation, Spring 2008
- Association for Women's Health, Obstetric & Neonatal Nursing
- Michigan Nurses Association
- Invited member of MNA Taskforce on Nursing Shortage, 2002-2003
- Elected member of MNA Nursing Practice Council, Vice-chair, 1999-2000
- President, Lakeshore Chapter Nurses Association, 1994-1998
- Sigma Theta Tau International - Kappa Epsilon Chapter-at-Large
Vice President, 2003 - present
- Spectrum Health Nursing Research Committee
"Community Based Nursing Education via Service-Learning Partnership." Michigan Campus Compact Venture Grant, 2002-2003, $2275.00
Calvin Center for Christian Scholarship Grant: "Global Health Inequalities, Human Rights and Justice." September, 2008 - May, 2009, $4120.
- Michigan Campus Compact Venture Grant: "Community Based Nursing Education via Service-Learning Partnership." January 2002-July 2003, $2275.
In the news
Cheryl Feenstra, Nursing
Retirement tribute, 28 years
- Course code: