Adejoke Bolanle Ayoola
- BSN Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife-Ife, Nigeria. 1991
- MSN Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife-Ife, Nigeria. 1998
- PhD Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA. 2007
- Associate Professor, August 2014 - Present Department of Nursing, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Assistant Professor, August 2007- 2014 Department of Nursing, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Research Assistant, Jan. 2005 – Date: Project Understand: Designing interventions to reduce unintended pregnancy risks and encourage early pregnancy recognition among women. Department of Medicine, Michigan State University. Principal Investigator, Dr. Mary Nettleman
- Research Assistant, Jan. 2004 – Dec. 2004: Teen Health Project: Reducing unintended pregnancy among adolescents. College of Nursing, Michigan State University. Principal Investigator, Prof. Anne Teitelman
- Research Aide, Sep. 2003 – Dec. 2003: Nutrition Education Aimed at Toddlers. College of Nursing, Michigan State University. Principal Investigator, Prof. Mildred Omar Horodynski
- Senior Nurse Tutor, Nov. 2000 – Aug. 2003: Post-Basic Nursing School, National Ear Care Center, Lagos, Nigeria
- Program Officer, Sept. 1999 – Oct. 2000: Action Health Incorporation, Lagos, Nigeria
- Program Officer, Jun. 1998 – Aug. 1999: Women Health Promotion Project, Ile-Ife, Nigeria
- Nurse Tutor (Graduate Assistant), Apr. 1994 – June 1998: Department of Nursing, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria
- Midwife Tutor, May 1993 – Jan. 1994: School of Midwifery, Oluyoro Catholic Hospital, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
- Pregnant Women and Infants
- Course code:
Research and scholarship
- Ayoola, A.B., Slager, D., Feenstra, C. & Zandee. G.L. (in press). A feasibility study of women's confidence and comfort in use of a kit to monitor ovulation. Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health. doi: 10.1111/jmwh.12347
- Zandee, G.L., Bossenbroek, D. Slager, Gordon, B., Ayoola, A.B., Doornbos, M.M. & Lima, A. (2015). The impact of integrating community-based participatory research into a baccalaureate nursing curriculum. Journal of Nursing Education, 54(7), 394-398. doi: 10.3928/01484834-20150617-07
- Ayoola, A.B. (2015). Late recognition of unintended pregnancies. Public Health Nursing, (Online publication ahead of print.) doi: 10.111/phn.12182
- Doornbos, M.M., Ayoola, A.B., Topp, R. & Zandee, G.L. (2015). Conducting research with community groups. Western Journal of Nursing Research. doi: 10.1177/0193945915573633
- Jansen, D.A., Jadack, R.A., Ayoola, A.B., Doornbos, M.M., Dunn, S., Moch, S.D., Moore, E.M., and Wagner, G. (2015) Embedding research in undergraduate learning opportunities. Western Journal of Nursing Research,(Online publication ahead of print.) doi: 10.1177/0193945915571136
- Ayoola, A.B., Zandee, G.L., Johnson,E., & Pennings, K. (2014). Contraceptive use among low-income women living in medically underserved neighborhoods. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing. 43(4):455-64. doi: 1111/1552-6909.12462
- Ayoola, A.B., Zandee, G.L. (2033). Low-income women's recommendations on promoting early pregnancy recognition. Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health. 58(4):416-22. doi: 10.1111/jmwh.12078
- Ayoola, Adejoke B., Zandee, G. Sneller, K. DeGroot, L., & Datema, S., "Mother's self-efficacy of teaching their daughters about ovulation and the menstrual cycle." 2015 Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS) 39th Annual Research Conference, April 15-19, 2015 in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Doornbos, M.M. and Ayoola, A.B., "Investing in the future - Graduate school facilitators and barriers." 2015 Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS) 39th Annual Research Conference, April 15-19, 2015 in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Kamp, K.P., and Ayoola, A.B., "Characteristics of women who received inadequate prenatal care in Michigan." Submitted to 2015 Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS) 39th Annual Research Conference, April 16-19, 2015, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Ayoola, A.B., Zandee, G.L. and DeGroot., L., "Low-income women's knowledge of the reproductive system and basic birth control methods." 2014 National State of the Science Congress on Nursing Research, September 18-20, 2014: Washington Hilton Hotel, Washington, D.C.
Other Scholarship Activities
- Reviewer American Nurses Foundation 2013 - Present
- Reviewer Maternal and Child Health Journal 2013 - Present
- Reviewer African Journal of Reproductive Health 2012 - Present
- Reviewer Western Journal of Nursing Research 2012 - Present
- Reviewer Women's Health 2012 - Present
- Reviewer American Journal of Public Health 2011 - Present
- Reviewer Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing 2009 - Present
- Reviewer Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2007 - Present
- Member, Honors Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Member, Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Nurse Faculty Scholar, Robert Woods Johnson Foundation 2012-2015
- Faculty Lectureship Award, Calvin College 2013 Academic Year
- New Investigator Award, Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS) Women's Health & Transitions in Childbearing Research Section's 2013
- Top 20 Medical & Nursing Professors in Michigan, Online schools in Michigan and CNA classes 2013
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Obafemi Awolowo University College of Health Sciences, Ife-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria 2012
- Excellence in Nursing Research Award, Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Society (Kappa Epsilon Chapter) 2009
- Preconception Reproductive Knowledge Promotion (PREKNOP) - Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) ID #70315; Nurse Faculty Scholar award for $350,000. Principal Investigator. 2012-2015.
- Preconception Reproductive Knowledge Promotion, Calvin Science Division Summer Grant for $8,000. 2013-2014.
- Preconception Reproductive Knowledge Promotion, Calvin Alumni Association Grant for $4,000. 2012-2013.
- Preconception Reproductive Knowledge Promotion, Calvin Nursing Department, Marian Petersen Research Fund for $2,000. 2012-2013
- Preconception Reproductive Knowledge Promotion, Calvin Science Division Summer Grant for $1,400. 2012-2013
In the news
New camp promotes HEALTH
Health, Education and Leadership Training for a Hopeful future.
Nursing professor receives YWCA Tribute Award
Calvin nursing professor wins community award for her work in women's health field.
Please note: editing your profile is temporarily unavailable for maintenance. If you have an edit to make please contact Communications and Marketing.
- Course code: