Put your learning to work and bring the most vital resource to the world's neediest communities. Study real-world problems related to clean water off-campus while providing real-world solutions.
Current and past research and scholarship
|Best Practices for the Disinfection of Rural Community Water Supplies in Ecuador||Summer 2016–2019|
|Preservation and reactivationo f an ancient water delivery system at the Umm el-Jimal archeological site in Jordan||January 2017–2019 or 2020|
- Arsenic removal technologies
- Bagasse charcoal for water treatment
- Curahuasi, Peru partnership
- Pharmaceuticals and slow sand filtration
IDIS W40 Engaging Development in Cambodia
- Identify and understand the root causes of abject poverty in Cambodia, then visit and participate with a wide variety of organizations supporting development activities there.
IDIS W42 In Search of Clean Water in Ethiopia
- We explore the country's complexities in the context of an increased population, climate change, land degradation, economic development, cultural change (including that by the Christian church) and the efforts of non-governmental agencies. The main portion of the course occurs in South Gondar.