- Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- 2:30 PM–5:00 PM
- De Vries Hall
Science research in action.
Calvin researchers would love to tell you about their current projects. Come and go as you please; here are just a few of the possibilities:
- astronomers studying asteroids and binary stars in Calvin's observatory
- biologists researching native Michigan plants in Calvin's greenhouse
- chemists measuring forces in DNA molecules
- geologists hosting tours of Calvin's mineralogical museum
- physicists trapping atoms with laser beams
- engineers transmitting power/energy measurements to smart phones using wireless networks
- and many more »
The Observatory will be open for tours and solar observations (if skies are clear).
The Bruce Dice Mineralogical Museum will be open for tours.
An all-campus tour will be available from 4:00-4:30 pm starting at the De Vries Hall atrium.
Feel free to invite your neighbors, friends, and family. All ages are welcome.
The registration deadline has passed.