- October 4, 2019–October 16, 2019
- Off Campus
- $3,594 double occupancy from Grand Rapids; $645 single supplement
Explore the history of missions and experiences of native peoples in New Mexico, Arizona, and California!
This tour begins in Albuquerque, N.M. and ends in San Diego, Calif. Along with visits to various mission sites founded by Franciscans and Jesuits, there will be visits to Christian Reformed missions and churches in the area.
- Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
- Mass at the Cathedral Basilica de Francis of Assisi
- Taos Pueblo
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument
- Rehoboth Christian School
- Navajo Code Talker Museum
- Zuni Mission
- Sabino Canyon, Sonoran Desert
- Presidio San Agustín Fort and Museum living history reenactment
- Mass at Mission San Xavier del Bac
- Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcalá
Gary Nederveld ’66 is a former international program director for World Renew. He has lived in and now regularly visits the Southwest states, spending much of the winter in southern Arizona where he volunteers as docent at Tumacacori National Historical Park.
Please register by Friday, June 28, 2019.