This page contains the application requirements for all international GRADUATE students except for Canadians and Americans living abroad. Please follow the application steps listed below. Our team is here to serve you; please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Steps to apply (in any order)
To apply to Calvin, we need to receive the following:
- Calvin University Application
- IELTS/TOEFL/Duolingo. See our testing guidelines for more information about which test you should submit.
- Official undergraduate university transcripts.
- Please note that you need a valid passport to study in the U.S. We encourage you to send us a scanned copy of the ID page of your passport, or begin the necessary paperwork to obtain or renew your passport.
Complete the International Graduate Declaration of Finances Form.
Note: We require all supporting documents to be original or certified copies.
Provide supporting financial documentation (income and bank statements) via e-mail. We require:
- Income statement – This can be a statement issued by your employer, person in charge of company finances, or it can be government issued tax document with the income amount listed.
- Savings statement – Amount in your savings, checking or investments.
- Sponsor’s letter of intent (if applicable) – This is a letter written by your sponsor indicating the amount they pledge towards your educational costs for each year.
- Sponsor’s savings statement (if applicable) – This bank statement must be recent and should demonstrate that your sponsor can cover at least two years of their pledged amount from savings. If this is a checking account, the transaction history must not exceed 3 months.