Calvin College is working in cooperation with the University of Michigan Medical School to provide a full-tuition scholarship to Calvin for students planning to pursue both a pre-medical program at Calvin College and a medical degree at the University of Michigan.
Each year, one first-time undergraduate Calvin student will be selected for this prestigious opportunity through a highly competitive process:
- a thorough evaluation of academic abilities
- a careful exploration of career aspirations and passion for pursuing a medical degree
- interviews with advisors from Calvin College and the University of Michigan Medical School
- High school GPA of 3.9 or above
- Minimum ACT of 31 or SAT of 1340 (combined reading and math)
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, with preference given to underrepresented students
- Must be admitted to Calvin by February 1
- A passion to serve God's world through medicine
What does the award include?
- Four-year, full tuition scholarship at Calvin College (a value of more than $100,000)
- One summer of undergraduate biomedical research at the University of Michigan
- Mentoring by Calvin pre-med faculty, Calvin alumni physicians and University of Michigan Medical School staff
- Guaranteed interview for admission to the University of Michigan Medical School (when demonstrating significant altruistic experience and clinical exposure to medicine during their time at Calvin, and meeting the University of Michigan Medical School's published admissions criteria.)