Calvin University is working in cooperation with the University of Michigan Medical School to provide a full-tuition scholarship to Calvin for students planning to pursue both a pre-medical program at Calvin and a medical degree at the University of Michigan.
Each year, one first-time undergraduate Calvin student will be selected for this prestigious opportunity through a highly competitive process:
- a thorough evaluation of academic abilities
- a careful exploration of career aspirations and passion for pursuing a medical degree
- interviews with advisors from Calvin University and the University of Michigan Medical School
- High school GPA of 3.9 or above
- Minimum ACT of 31 or SAT of 1340 (combined reading and math)
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, with preference given to underrepresented students
- Must be admitted to Calvin by February 1
- A passion to serve God's world through medicine
Application review timeline
Interviews will be conducted in the spring of 2020. More details available soon.
What does the award include?
- Four-year, full tuition scholarship at Calvin University (a value of more than $100,000)
- One summer of undergraduate biomedical research
- Mentoring by Calvin pre-med faculty, Calvin alumni physicians, and University of Michigan Medical School staff
- Guaranteed interview for admission to the University of Michigan Medical School (when demonstrating significant altruistic experience and clinical exposure to medicine during their time at Calvin, and meeting the University of Michigan Medical School's published admissions criteria).
Please note: You will need to use your official Calvin credentials (found on your Calvin Applicant Status Page) to sign in and apply for the scholarship.You need to login with your Calvin credentials in order to apply.Apply