There are several steps in the selection process for the Jubilee Fellows program. Students complete an online application and will be interviewed by the selection committee. Twelve students are selected to participate in the program.
Applying for the Jubilee Fellows program implies your understanding of and compliance with the following requirements:
- Currently a Calvin junior applying for participation during your junior and senior years: spring, summer, and fall of 2022. Sophomores with prior leadership experience are also welcome to apply.
- Strong inclination toward leadership and future participation in Christian ministry in a church setting.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3. However, if your GPA is lower than 3.3, you are still able to apply. We will consider your GPA alongside your complete application and your interview in order to determine if you are qualified for the program.
- Available to participate in the Jubilee Fellows seminar course (CMS 378), Spring Semester 2022. This course meets on Tuesday evenings from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Available for a full-time 10-week church-based internship in the summer of 2021. The exact internship dates vary and are decided upon once an internship location has been determined.
- Available to attend a reflection retreat August 20, 2022. Attendance is not negotiable, with the exception of students departing early for fall semesters abroad.
- Agree to serve Calvin University in a ministry-related capacity during the fall of 2022, with an approximate time commitment of 40 hours.
- The stipend received entails payment of social security and income taxes.
A complete application to the Jubilee Fellows program will include the following components:
1. Responses to these 3 questions (up to 150 words each)
- Describe your Christian faith journey, and why becoming a Jubilee Fellow is important to you.
- How has your involvement in ministry led you to consider a future in ministry or church leadership?
- What are you hoping to learn about the church, and/or what kinds of church ministries would you like to explore through your internship?
2. A copy of your transcript
3. Two recommendations completed on your behalf. At least one of the recommendations must be completed by a Calvin faculty or staff member. The program is described on the recommendation form. It is your responsibility to ensure we receive the recommendation forms in order for them to be considered with your application. These are due on Tuesday, October 19.
Before beginning your application, please be sure to have your resume and transcript ready to submit. There will be an opportunity within the online application for you to upload those documents.
Applications for the 2021 program are due October 18, 2021. Applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. The selection committee will choose 12 students to participate in the program, based on the applicants' applications and interviews.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.