We are very excited to announce that on September 1, 2010, the Prince Conference Center received the Green Lodging Michigan Steward Certification. Read the press release.
Overview of initiatives
- Recycling containers available throughout facility. Recyclables include:
- Office paper and newspaper
- Cardboard boxes
- Plastic and cans
- Light bulbs
- China or glass dishware is used in hotel rooms, employee break room, continental breakfast area and for all social functions.
- Single-serve packaged food items are avoided.
- Housekeeping uniform shirts are made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Low flow faucets and showerheads are in guest rooms.
- Linen reuse program is offered to guests.
- Carpool program in effect for employees.
Future goals & objectives
The Prince Center is currently exploring new initiatives in order to receive the Leader Certification.