Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering University of Pennsylvania, 1969
P.E. in Pennsylvania
Dr. Wentzheimer just completed a 30-year career in industrial R & D. During his work in the chemical (ARCO Chemical) and the petroleum refining (Sun Co.) industries, he was a development engineer and held several management and executive positions in process development. He managed the department responsible for developing new and improving existing process technologies across all product lines on a global basis for ARCO Chemical for ten years.
During his industrial career he was involved in leadership positions in the commercialization of 12 new process technologies. He holds 12 U.S. patents. He has significant business experience having worked closely with business managers and participating on business teams for much of his industrial career. He taught at Drexel and Widener Universities as an adjunct professor of chemical engineering.
At Calvin he has continued his technical management interest. He was a cofounder of the Enterprise Center at Calvin and continues to provide leadership via the executive committee. He is a KEEN fellow whose primary goal is improving engineering curriculum to education a more entrepreneurial minded engineer.
- U.S. 6,153,153 "Exothermic reaction system"
- U.S. 5,973,171 "Propylene oxide production"
- U.S. 5,840,933 "Catalytic converter system and progress"
- U.S. 5,731,446 "Molybdenum epoxidation catalyst recovery"
- U.S. 5,198,590 "Hydrocarbon conversion"
- U.S. 4,440,963 "Production of MTBE and ETBE"
- U.S. 4,072,603 " Process to make technical white oils"
- U.S. 3,925,500 " Combined acid alkylation and thermal cracking process"
- U.S. 3,855,135 "Mist Lubricant"
- U.S. 3,723,292 "Removal of straight chain hydorcarbons from different hydrocarbon stocks
- BUS-357 - Business Aspects for Engineers
- ENGR-303 - Chem Engr Principles/Thermodynamics
- ENGR-303L - Chem Engr Prncples/Thrmdyn Lab
- ENGR-312 - Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- ENGR-331 - Kinetics/Reactor Design
- ENGR-337 - Chemical Engineering Lab
- Course code:
Please note: editing your profile is temporarily unavailable for maintenance. If you have an edit to make please contact Communications and Marketing.
- Course code: