- BSW Calvin College
- MSW University at Albany
- MPH Michigan State University
- PhD Michigan State University
Human Behavior and the Social Environment, Social Welfare, Policy, Public Health Capstone
Gerontology, chronic disease prevention and detection, clean water, health disparities/access to health
Research and scholarship
- Alford, K.R. & Koeman, J. (2019). Forging relationships between faith-based and secular organizations to address the global water crisis: A case study. Christian Journal for Global Health, 6(1), 35-41.
- Kuilema, J., Schwander, L., Alford, K. R., Venema, R., & Hoeksema, S. (2019). Teaching note: Time for a teach-in? Addressing racist incidents on college campuses. Journal of Social Work Education, 55(4), 818-824.
- Alford, K.R., Zuverink, A., & Zandee, G. L. (2018). Barriers to health care: Who is affected and how Christians in social work can address these barriers. Social Work and Christianity.45(4), 22-40.
- Alford, K.R. (2017). Spiritual well-being among older cancer patients and implications for Christians in social work. Social Work and Christianity, 44(17), 25-38.
- Hughes, A.K. & Alford, K. (2017). HIV transmission: Myths about casual contact and fear about medical procedures persist among older adults. Journal of Social Work and Public Health, 32(1), 49-52.
- Course code: