- Doctor of Nursing Practice/Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Michigan-Flint; May 2016
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Calvin College; May 2009
- Parish Nurse and Parish Nurse Educator; June 2009
- Assistant Professor, Calvin College; August 2016 - Present
- Nursing Practitioner, Signify Health, Dallas, TX 2017 - 2019
- Registered Nurse, Spectrum Health Blodgett, Grand Rapids, MI; December 2009 - Present
Research and scholarship
- 2019 Principle investigator: “The perceived barriers and supports for minority students at a baccalaureate nursing program.”
- 2018 Principle investigator: “The effects of interprofessional collaboration and the use of theater students as simulation patients on the perceived self-efficacy, confidence, and satisfaction of the baccalaureate nursing student.”
- 2014 Principle investigator: “A collaborative initiative to establish postpartum depression screening in the pediatric office.”
- 2020 “Faith in the Vaccine Ambassadors” Interfaith Youth Core. Awarded $22,500
- 2019 “The Perceived Barriers and Supports for Minority Students at a Baccalaureate Nursing Program” Calvin Center for Christian Scholarship. Awarded $1,000
- 2017 Gold-AACN White Coat Ceremony for Nursing. Arnold P. Gold Foundation. Awarded $1,000
- Kunnen K. (in press). How can I practice sabbath in a profession where speed and efficiency reign? Journal of Christian Nursing.
- Kunnen K. (in press). Minority student perspectives in an undergraduate nursing program. Journal of Christian Nursing.
- Kunnen, K. (2021). The role of the faith community nurse. In D. Gillespie (Ed.), The many roles of the registered nurse. (pp. 131-146). Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- 2021 Minority Student Perspectives in an Undergraduate Christian University. Calvin University. Grand Rapids, MI.
- 2020 Translating Med-Surg Clinical and Lab to an Online Format: Challenges, Lessons Learned, and Opportunities. Educating Nurses in an Online Environment; Lessons Learned. Daystar University School of Nursing, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2019 The Effects of Interprofessional Collaboration and the Use of Theater Students on the Perceived Self-efficacy, Confidence, and Satisfaction of Baccalaureate Nursing Students. Calvin University. Grand Rapids, MI.
- Faculty Counselor, Sigma Theta Tau International - Kappa Epsilon Chapter at Large (May 2017 - Present)
- Member of Disaster Assistance Response Team, Samaritan's Purse, Boone, NC 2016 - Present
- Parish Nurse Educator (June 2009)
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning
- Faith Community Nursing International
- Sigma Theta Tau International - Kappa Epsilon Chapter at Large (November 2008 - Present)
- Course code: