Kaori D Schau
- Born in Yokohama, Japan.
- BA in Political Science from Waseda University, Tokyo.
- MA in Japanese Language and Culture from Nagoya University, Nagoya.
- PhD in Foreign Language Education from Purdue University, Indiana.
- Taught Japanese language and culture in many different settings, like YMCA in Teipei, Taiwan, Padjadjalan University in Bandung, Indonesia, Indiana University, Purdue University, and Grand Valley State University.
- Applying new technologies in teaching language and culture
- Developing cultural competence in language courses
- Developing different ways to lower foreign language anxiety and to maintain and nourish students interests and motivation to learn a second language
- Reading anything in Japanese and mysteries in English
- Learning new sports through my son’s sport activities
- Cheering son’s sport teams
- Walking and playing ball with our dog Kento
- Watching Japanese “trendy” dramas online
- Planning (dreaming) a trip to unfamiliar/exotic places
- Japanese 101/102 - Elementary Japanese
- Japanese 201/202 - Intermediate Japanese
- Course code: