Major Campus Events
Large events at Calvin during the fall semester will be strictly limited in keeping with local, state, and federal guidelines. In most cases, traditional events will be reimagined as virtual events to allow the community to attend remotely.
Concerts, performances, and lectures will have attendance limitations, with a priority on student audiences. There will be no physical tickets or programs. We will encourage digital tickets to ensure seating locations are accurate and capacity enforced. Seating arrangements will meet standards for physical distancing and all shows/performances will be reserved seating.
Safe Return Event/Program/Project Proposal
All individuals or groups seeking approval to host events or programs on the Calvin University campus must complete and submit this form.Proposal Form »
Event Capacity and Policies
Events and services will be adjusted in accordance with these key strategies:
- Adjusted attendance maximums, physical distancing and mask-wearing
- Students first: Limit to student attendees with virtual options for others
- Low-touch environment (no printed tickets or programs; tickets scanned electronically)
- High-hygiene environment
- A mix of virtual/live-streamed and in-person strategies
- Lines separated/distanced through lobbies and using separate entrance to performance spaces where applicable
- Online and call-in ticketing only; touchless tickets will be scanned
- Physical box office closed; all purchases in advance online
- Sanitize venues daily orafter occupancy
- Signage listing precautions in public areas
- Remote/virtual sessions with the artist/speaker for students/faculty prior to events when available
Student Convocation is scheduled for August 28. Details will be shared later this summer.
Commencement 2020, rescheduled
Homecoming and Family Weekend
Calvin’s theatre, music, and dance programs are developing plans for staging shows in the fall with limited audience attendance and/or virtual attendance.