Arriving on Campus
The Calvin community will gather on campus for the fall semester in a very different way to reduce the threat of COVID-19.
Prior to arrival on campus, both first-year and returning students and returning faculty and staff who have not been on campus must:
- Self-monitor for symptoms at least 72 hours. Students, faculty, and staff should not report to campus if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Instead, please isolate, seek medical consultation, and follow provider recommendations prior to coming to campus.
- Complete a short educational module to learn about campus policies and protocols to protect our community’s health and wellness.
- Schedule an appointment for COVID-19 screening.
On the day of their arrival to campus, residential students will:
- Report directly to their assigned residence hall for check-in and move-in.
- Be screened for COVID-19 on the day of arrival. Staggered move-in schedules minimize cross infection while results are pending.
- Speak with a Calvin staff member about any health-related questions or concerns.
- Receive their personal Calvin face covering.
Students moving into residence halls and residential apartments should not arrive prior to their appointment time. As much as possible, students should limit the number of family members who help them move-in, preferably being assisted by only one or two others.
All undergraduate and graduate students residing in off-campus residences must schedule a screening and complete the screening process before classes begin. Screening will happen the week of August 24. Sign up for a time here.
More information will be forthcoming about schedules and check-in appointments.