Commitment and Connection: Service-Learning and Christian Higher Education
Heffner, G. H., & Beversluis, C. (2002). Commitment and connection: Service-learning and Christian higher education. Lanham, MD: University Press of America, Inc.
Read review by Jeffrey Bouman
Read review by Garry Hesser
Selected commitment and connection chapters
Building Partnerships for Service-Learning
Jacoby, B. (2003). Building partnerships for service-learning. San Franciso, CA: Jossey-Bass. Read review
Service-Learning Code of Ethics
Chapdelain, A., Ruis, A., Warchal, J., & Wells, C. (2005). Service-learning code of ethics. Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing Company, Inc. Read review
- Bouman, J. (2013). Faithfully present: Building the universe, each in our own inexplicable ways. The Cresset, 76, 16-25.
- Barr, R. B., & Tagg, J. (1995). From teaching to learning: A new paradigm for undergraduate education Change, 27, 13-25.
- Bradley, J. (1995). A model for evaluating student learning in academically based service. In Connecting cognition and action: Evaluation of student performance in service-learning courses (13-27). Denver, CO: Education Commission of the States/Campus Compact.
- Byker, G. (1996, May 19). Ivory towers deserve to fall. Grand Rapids Press, pp. E1, E4.
- Curry, J. M., Heffner, G., & Warners, D. (2002). Environmental service-learning: Social transformation through caring for a particular place. Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning, 9(1), 58-66.
- Hare, J. (1999. October 28). How do we seek justice? [Chapel talk]. Grand Rapids, MI: Calvin College.
- Hoekema, D. (2000). Foreword. In C. D. Lisman & I. E. Harvey (Eds.), Beyond the tower: Concepts and models for service-learning in philosophy (ix-xii). Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing, LLC.
- Musil, C. M. (2003). Educating for citizenship. Peer Review, 5(3), 1-6.
- Ream, T. (2004). Tale of two cities: Service-learning as Christian educational plractice. Growth, 2, 4-13.
- Schaffer, R. H. (2004). Service-learning in Christian higher education: Bringing our mission to life. Christian Higher Education, 3(2), 127-145.
- Snarr, M. (2003). The university of social justice: Beyond community service, colleges educate for social change. Sojourners Magazine, 32(3), 28-32.
- Van Engen, J. A. (2000). Short term missions: Are they worth the cost? The Other Side.
- Warners, D., & Bouman, J. (2009). Faith, hope, and... sustainability. The Gospel and Culture Project.
- Wolterstorff, N. (1983). For justice in shalom. In Until justice and peace embrace (69-72). Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
- Wolterstorff, N. (1983). The mission of the Christian college at the end of the 20th century. [Convocation speech]. Wheaton, IL: Wheaton College.
- Wolterstorff, N. (1993). Teaching responsibility. Spectrum, 25, 9-18.