Overview: The Wellness Floor is intended to be a community that explores the many facets of healthy living. To accomplish this task, the floor will benefit from a community lecture model that provides an array of faculty and staff guest speakers to teach residents about wellness from a variety of fields of study.
Format: Community lectures will take place once a month and will focus on a different area of wellness at each meeting. These times will begin with a community dinner together, followed by content from an invited speaker.
Topics: While topics will adapt and change from year to year, some general examples would include:
- Sleep: Developing better sleep practices
- Nutrition: Maximizing the dining halls for healthy eating
- Brain Development: How our behavior (good & bad) impacts the way our brains develop
- Sabbath: The importance of rest, recreation and relationship in our spiritual lives
- Stress Management: The practice of mindfulness for a healthy mind