Every year we offer a number of programs for students to take advantage of. Each one offers unique opportunities to grow and prepare for college life. We invite you to explore them all and see which might be a good fit.
- Students experience three days of college explorations as they stay in the dorms with Calvin student hosts, visit a college class, and attend workshops related to college preparation and success. (Grades 9-12)
- An opportunity for college living and learning while earning college credit. (Grades 11-12)
Excel SAT/ACT Tutoring
- A partnership with local high school districts providing ACT and SAT tutoring for five weeks during the fall and spring semesters, for up to 40 students each semester. (Grades 9-12)
Math Circle »
- The Calvin College Math Circle is an opportunity for students (typically 11–13 years old) to engage with exciting problems and topics in mathematics. (Grades 6–8)
MLK Young Leaders Weekend
- An annual three-day event for students who want to further develop their leadership ablities. (Grades 9-12)
- During our S.T.E.P. (Striving Toward Educational Possibilities) program, students experience two days of college explorations as they choose to stay on campus overnight or come back the next day, visit a college class, have fun with our exploration sessions, and attend workshops related to college readiness and academic success. (Grades 6–8)
Hop on the bus
- The Hop on the Bus program allows teachers of K—8th grade classes to coordinate with the Office of Pre-College programs to create a visit day tailored specifically for their class.
Summer camps »
- Calvin offers a variety of camps for kids and youth, ages 4-18, designed to help them bridge the gap between one school year and the next.
Summer classics in Italy »
- Calvin’s new program, Summer Classics in Italy, takes an in-depth look at the art, architecture and antiquities of this gorgeous peninsula. High school juniors are invited to apply. Earn college credit as you explore the medieval period and the Renaissance while traveling in Italy.