The mechanical team maintains all the heating and air conditioning, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems for Calvin.
Did you know?
Calvin maintains more than 2,000 pieces of equipment that require mechanical preventive maintenance.
The mechanical department strives to accurately assess waste management costs and energy conservation to decide upon the most green efficient upgrade.
Residence hall initiatives
- Motion sensor lighting installed in residence hall coffee kitchens
- Hallway lighting is reduced after 11 p.m.
All building initiatives
- Upgrades to energy-efficient fixtures
- Staged heating/cooling to maximize efficiency
- Air quality upgrades
- Water use reduction
- Energy efficient upgrades
- Waste management
Staff and specialty
Jack Phillips, mechanical assistant director
- Phone: (616) 526-7074
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Cannady, general maintenance mechanic
Jeremy Bush, transportation technician
Joel Bosma, plumber
Lucas De Vries, electrician
Perry Gooch, general maintenance mechanic
Alex Monarrez, HVAC refrigeration technician
David Pfruender, electrician
Daniel Slager, energy management technician
Larry Van Hoe, boiler/pool operator