PASSPORT is a one-day experience that helps you learn about college life. It’s one of two orientation programs required for first-year students.
Parents and family members are invited, too. For young family members, keep in mind that we do not have programming for them. If you register any siblings, they will need to attend the adult sections.
7:30 a.m.–7:30 p.m.
If you cannot attend for the entire day, please register for another date. You only need to attend one PASSPORT.
- PASSPORT I: Friday, June 28, 2019 (early arrival June 27)
- PASSPORT II: Monday, July 15, 2019 (early arrival July 14)
- PASSPORT III: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 (early arrival August 27)
PASSPORT III occurs immediately prior to the time when all new students arrive on campus for the school year, so those who live far enough from Grand Rapids don’t have to make two trips.
- QUEST– August 29–September 1, 2019
Part two of orientation required for all incoming students.
- $250 orientation fee charged to your student account—covers all costs associated with orientation at Calvin.
- Housing for family members not included.
- Additional costs associated with Wilderness Orientation and International PASSPORT.
- Up to two adult family members can attend at no further cost—additional family members $25 each.
There’s no charge for students to stay in the residence halls. For PASSPORT I or II, families can stay in the residence halls for a $35 charge (covers accommodations for family members). Student’s orientation cost does not change even if opting to stay elsewhere.
Register online using your Applicant Status page
Register early to increase your chances to get the session you want. Preference is given to students who apply before May.
To make changes to your orientation registration, please resubmit. To make changes within two weeks of PASSPORT please contact our office (email@example.com or 616-526-8507).