PASSPORT I, II, OR III
PASSPORT is a one-day experience that helps you learn about college life. It’s one of the required new student orientation programs for first-year students.
Parents and family members are invited, too. There is a special track for parents and guardians, but we do not have programming available for young family members. Registered siblings will need to attend adult sections.
7:30 a.m.–6:45 p.m.
Entire day's attendance required.
- PASSPORT I: Friday, June 19, 2020 (early arrival June 18)
- PASSPORT II: Monday, June 29, 2020 (early arrival June 28)
- PASSPORT III: Thursday, August 27, 2020 (early arrival August 26)
- A $250 orientation fee will be charged to your student account. This covers all costs for that student associated with orientation at Calvin.
- Up to two adult family members can also attend PASSPORT at no further cost. Additional family members are $25 each.
- Housing for family members not included.
- What to expect at PASSPORT
- Get introduced to Calvin’s purpose, people, and programs.
- Help ensure your smooth transition to university life.
- Prepare academically for your years at Calvin.
- Academic advising so you can plan your fall schedule.
- Make sure to visit the First Year Academic Guide to learn more about course registration, advising, placement tests, and more.
- Attend campus worship and group activities.
- And much more ...
- Living in the residence halls or off-campus.
- Calvin’s core curriculum, your major, and academics.
- The transition to college.
For parents and guardians
- Learn about services the university provides.
- Become familiar with the university’s vision and curriculum.
- Attend a variety of workshops and model classes.
- Meet other families and examine what this time of transition means for your family.
- Before you arrive
- Early check-in
- Early check-in is available if you need to arrive the night before.
- Refreshments and activities will be offered. Meals will not begin until breakfast the following morning.
- There is an additional $35 fee per family for early arrival for PASSPORTs I and II.
Students must request early arrival with their registration. Contact us if you have already registered but would like to arrive early.
All meals are served in Knollcrest or Commons Dining Hall and require a PASSPORT name tag. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided for the day of PASSPORT only.