PASSPORT is one of two orientation programs required for first-year students. It is a one-day experience that will help you learn about college life.
Parents and family members are invited, too. Young family members may accompany adults, but we are unable to provide programming for them. If you register any siblings, they will need to attend the adult sections.
7:30 a.m.–7:30 p.m.— All sessions at PASSPORT are required
If you cannot attend for the entire day, please register for another date. You only need to attend one PASSPORT.
- PASSPORT I–May 4, 2018 (early arrival May 3)
- PASSPORT II–June 22, 2018 (early arrival June 21)
- PASSPORT III–July 9, 2018 (early arrival July 8)
- PASSPORT IV–August 29, 2018 (early arrival August 28)
PASSPORT IV occurs immediately prior to the time when all new students must report to Calvin so those who live far enough from Grand Rapids don't have to make two trips.
- $250 orientation fee charged to your student account—covers all costs associated with PASSPORT and QUEST
- Housing for family members not included
- Additional costs associated with Wilderness Orientation, IMPACT and International PASSPORT
- Up to two adult family members can attend at no further cost—additional family members $25 each.
There's no charge for students to stay in the residence halls. For PASSPORT II or III, families can stay in the residence halls for a $35 charge (covers accommodations for family members). Student’s orientation cost does not change even if opting to stay elsewhere.
Register online using your Applicant Status page
Register early to increase your chances to get the session you want. Preference is given to students who apply before May.
To make changes to your Orientation registration, please resubmit. To make changes within two weeks of PASSPORT please contact our office (email@example.com or 616-526-8507).