Expect a warm welcome to Calvin! At Transfer QUEST you’ll meet a lot of new people: almost 1,000 other new students and potential Facebook friends, plus current students, professors and staff members. You’ll learn a lot about Calvin and the resources that are here for you.
During Transfer QUEST, you’ll connect with an orientation group of about 20 other Transfer students who will go through Transfer QUEST together.
Transfer QUEST includes a service-learning component, Streetfest, where you’ll learn about one of the eclectic neighborhoods in Grand Rapids. Expect to have a lot of fun! By the end, you may be a bit tired (the days are full from approximately 9:00 am into the evening), but you’ll be ready for classes to begin on Tuesday, September 5.
You can plan to:
- An evening of personal reflection on the Seminary Pond
- A "create your own adventure" night
- Streetfest – a service-learning experience in the city
- Challenging, real-life college issues through a series of skits
- Calvin’s commitment to diversity and anti-racism
- A variety of other things—from pop culture to what it means that Calvin is "Reformed" to men’s/women’s issues at college to why we care about social justice
Transfer QUEST has three objectives:
- To introduce you to Calvin College through the college’s vision.
- To connect you to a core group of other new students.
- To prepare you for your first semester at Calvin.
During Transfer QUEST, we’ll look at some of these aspects of Calvin’s vision
- Reformed, Liberal Arts College – Take a closer look at what it means that Calvin is "Reformed" and “a liberal arts college.”
- Agents of Renewal – Consider the implications of what it means that God is renewing all things.
- Doing God’s Work in God’s World – Our world belongs to God. What is God's calling us to as we learn and as we serve?