IMPACT is a new student orientation program for students who identify as Asian, Black, Latin, Middle Eastern, multi-racial, Native American, Pacific Islander, or simply as a student of color.
IMPACT is designed to help students explore, learn, and immerse themselves in the Calvin community. With the guidance of your first-year peers and Calvin staff, you will build a support system and help Calvin make an impact in the world. We invite you to bring your interests, personality, and passion with you, to learn, to laugh, and to meet your classmates through a multitude of activities. You will begin your Calvin journey with a greater sense of connectivity, support, and campus awareness.
Qualifying students will be automatically registered for IMPACT; more information will be sent in May 2023.
If you have any questions regarding your fit for IMPACT, please contact Esther Kwak.
A $70 fee will be charged to your student account. This is in addition to the $250 orientation fee. This covers all costs for that student associated with orientation at Calvin.
Adult family members can also attend the one-day program designed for families at no further cost.
Housing accommodations for family members is not available.
Why you should attend
There are many benefits that come with participation in the IMPACT program. You can...
- Connect to a diverse group of fellow students.
- Learn the rich and inspiring history of IMPACT alumni at Calvin.
- Develop, explore, and appreciate your own God-given cultural identity.
- Glean wisdom from former and current successful students, faculty, and staff.
- Fulfill your requirements for the Mosaic Award.
- Expect a warm, challenging, and one-of-a-kind welcome to your new school, Calvin!
Dates & Schedule
- August 22–24: IMPACT programming
- August 22: Registration and Move-in for your dorm (for students living on campus)
- August 24–27: All incoming students participate in Welcome Week
Student Schedule (.pdf) - pending
Family Schedule (.pdf) - pending
A final schedule will be provided at registration. If you need more information as you make your travel plans, please contact Esther Kwak.