IMPACT is a new student orientation program for students who identify as Asian, Black, Latinx, Middle Eastern, multi-racial, Native American, Pacific Islander, or simply as a student of color.
IMPACT is designed to help students explore, learn and immerse themselves in the Calvin community. With the guidance of your first-year peers, Student Success Specialists (if you have one), and Calvin staff, you will build a support system to help you make an impact at Calvin University. We invite you to bring your interests, personality and passion with you, to learn, to laugh and to meet your classmates through a multitude of activities. You will begin your Calvin journey with a greater sense of connectivity, support, and campus awareness.
If you have any questions regarding your fit for IMPACT, please contact Esther Kwak, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A $100 fee will be charged to your student account. This is in addition to the $175 orientation fee. This covers all costs for that student associated with orientation at Calvin.
- We will not be having in-person programming or accommodations for any family members this year.
- Why you should attend
There are many added benefits that come with participation in the IMPACT program.
- Connect to a diverse group of fellow students.
- Learn the rich and inspiring history of IMPACT alumni at Calvin.
- Develop, explore, and appreciate your own God-given cultural identities.
- Glean wisdom from former and current successful students, faculty and staff.
- Fulfill your requirements for the Mosaic Award.
Expect a warm, challenging, and one-of-a-kind welcome to your new school, Calvin!
- Dates & Schedule
IMPACT starts Sunday, August 23, and runs through Thursday, August 27. Registration and move-in is Sunday, Aug 23, 2020 between 1–8 p.m. in the Knollcrest Dining Hall.
Please note: Mosaic Award recipients are required to attend both IMPACT and a regular orientation session.
After IMPACT, you will join all incoming students for Welcome Week, Friday, August 28 through Monday, August 31.
A finalized schedule will be provided at registration and posted on the website. If you need more information as you make your travel plans. please contact us at email@example.com.
Calvin University is committed to being proactive and intentional in reaching underrepresented groups on campus to increase their sense of belonging and campus involvement. IMPACT aims to be one of many initiatives to help address these issues.