Summer is the perfect time to add some adventure to your course schedule. A complete list of all currently-offered summer programs is below.
Each of these off-campus summer programs is offered at the reduced summer tuition rate of $575 per credit hour. For more information about each program, including location details and costs, click on its entry below.
Off-Campus Summer Programs for 2022
Spanish in Yucatan
- Immerse yourself in Mexican culture and Spanish language while living with local families in Yucatan.
The Impact of Clean Water: Honduras
- Explore the challenges of clean water availability on a local, national, and global level, and wrestle with potential solutions to this pervasive and complex problem.
Advanced Studies in Global Literature: Dante and the Spiritual Journey
- Take Dante as your guide on your very own pilgrimage as you think about foundational literary, theological, and spiritual practices.
Dutch Sustainability: Is Orange the New Green?
- When faced with sustainability challenges, the Dutch have always innovated their way towards a more stable and resilient environment.
Engineering Summer Program in Germany
- Advance toward your engineering degree in four years while immersing yourself in the language, culture, and industry of Germany. At the renowned Technische Universität Berlin, you’ll experience the culture and language of modern Germany while earning course credit and cultivating the skills you need to participate in the global economy.
May in Berlin
- Discover the cultural riches of Berlin, one of the most exciting capitals of Europe, as well as Munich and Hamburg, as you learn or improve your German over three weeks in May.
Perspectives in Psychology–Cross-cultural Leadership: Lessons from Pioneers in Psychology and Religious Reformers
- This course explores leadership in cross-cultural contexts by studying the profound influence of early psychologists and religious reformers on work, family, and culture.
Statics and Dynamics
- Take Calvin’s ENGR 202 class and learn some German language and culture with the Technische Universität Berlin.
Africa and the Middle East
Field Work in Archaeology
- An off-campus, on-site introduction to archaeological field work designed to expose the student to the fundamentals of archaeology.
Modern Middle East
- Through this survey of Middle Eastern history the course aims to open up the American mental and emotional atlas and uncover the many meanings of the course title.
Asia and Oceania
China Business and Engineering
- [2022 program cancelled due to COVID] Spend three weeks in China's major cultural and economic centers, meeting with business and engineering professionals who are making an impact on the global economy.
Chinese Medicine and Culture
- [2022 program cancelled due to COVID] Learn about Chinese society and culture and study Chinese medicine in places like Shanghai, Beijing, Xian, and Yunnan.
Introduction to Cross Cultural Medicine in Nepal
- [Program is full] In this course, premedical/dental and nursing students get exposed to medicine in a cross-cultural context in Nepal.
Make an off-campus program deposit payment
After a student has been accepted to an off-campus program, a deposit must be submitted to Financial Services to confirm their place in the program. The receipt for this payment must be turned in to the program director by October 15. After the deposit has been received, Calvin will begin to commit funds on behalf of the student (e.g. airfare, lodging, etc.). A student who drops out of the program will be responsible for all costs incurred up to that point in addition to the non-refundable deposit.
To make your secure payment please select the appropriate button below. This tool is a one time payment tool. In order to make an e-check payment, you will need your bank account number, bank routing number, and student ID number. There is a 2.75% fee for making payment via credit or debit card.