To participate in a Calvin Exchange off-campus semester program, you must have sophomore status and a minimum GPA of 2.5. You must first complete an online application for Calvin and then talk with the director of off-campus programs.
Calvin exchange programs include Hoogeschool Zeeland (Netherlands) and Handong University (Korea).
For students planning to do an exchange program in the fall semester, the application deadline is mid-March.
For students planning to do an exchange program in the spring semester, the application deadline is June 1.
Be sure to give yourself enough time to complete the application process for the program you are choosing. Remember that although the Calvin Application is online, it can take several days to complete, as you have to wait for various approvals across campus.
Complete the Calvin Application Process
The Calvin application determines your academic and social eligibility for an off-campus program. You will apply for a Calvin Exchange semester program at the Calvin University Horizons site.
Complete the application
- Once the online application is approved, you will need to schedule an interview time with the Director of Off-Campus Programs. During this interview, you will be asked to talk about your motivation for studying at one of our exchange programs, as well as your goals for this experience.
- After this interview, the Off-Campus Programs Office will work with you to complete the necessary paperwork for the host institution.
- Once you are accepted for a program, make sure you communicate with Calvin’s Off-Campus Programs office concerning your status for off-campus study.
- Students participating in exchange programs pay Calvin tuition plus the Off-Campus Programs and Wellness fee.
- In most cases, students pay room and board directly to the host institution.