The Multicultural Student Advisory Board is a diverse group of students committed to campus-wide anti-racism education, cultural competency and racial reconciliation, with the goal of creating a safe, welcoming and diverse campus community.
Students promote intentional and thought-provoking discussions, cultural sensitivity and multicultural awareness, and serve as a Peer Review Board to monitor the campus climate for students. MSAB seeks to nurture an environment in which an appreciation for diversity can thrive to model the kingdom of Jesus Christ, composed of people from every nation, language and tribe.
This mission will be accomplished by:
- Bi-weekly meetings to train students on intergroup dialogue.
- Providing safe spaces during meetings for members to explore their racial and ethnic identities.
- Providing members with the vocabulary and training to dialogue on issues of social justice from a Christian perspective.
- Creating engaging and informative programming that centers on multicultural awareness.
- Must be full time student
- Must be in good academic standing
- Academic classification of Sophomore or higher by Fall 2015
- Basic understanding of social justice issues and commitment to racial reconciliation
- Must attend spring and fall trainings
- Complete online application/or submit paper application.
- Submit resume to the Multicultural Student Development Office or email PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have one person submit an online recommendation form.
- Sign up for individual interview times at the MSDO front desk. Ask for Kieychia Likely or student assistant.
- Deadline: April 20, 2015 at 5pm.
- Individual Interviews: April 21-23, 2015
- Group Interviews: April 25, 2015 (Saturday)