The role of the Multicultural Student Development (MSDO) Ambassador is to support the mission of MSDO, through peer mentoring first year students of color as they transition into university life.
In addition to mentoring ambassadors serve as cultural awareness leaders. Ambassador strategically plan and or support events that increase first year AHANA student involvement and engagement on campus, as well as connect students to necessary resources, that guarantee social and academic success.
- Must be full time student
- Must be in good academic standing
- Academic classification of Sophomore or higher by fall 2015
- Have a basic understanding of campus resources/activities
- Experience with peer mentorship and multicultural awareness
- Must attend spring and fall training
- Mentor a small group of first year AHANA students
- Plan and promote events on campus which assist in first year transition, and personal enrichment
- Attend weekly group meetings/weekly one-on-one meeting with Program Coordinator
- 3-6 hours a week commitment (time varies depending on the time of year)
- Work on a team of 8–10 people