Rangeela Committee Positions
- Helps select committee members.
- Builds community so that Rangeela Committee members feel part of a team.
- Responsible for overall vision and planning of the show.
- Consults regularly with Assistant Dean of International Students.
- Sets up regular meetings with the Assistant Dean of International Students and Rangeela Committee.
- Leads meetings and delegates responsibilities.
- Ultimately responsible to make sure that everything is done.
Qualifications for Rangeela Director
- Junior or Senior in 2019–20
- Served on Rangeela Committee or as an Act Leader
- International citizenship or significant international background
- Committee Member
- Helps plan and implement every aspect of the Rangeela show.
- Meets regularly with the Rangeela director and Assistant Dean of International Students.
- Has skills which can supprt the show such as: attention to detail, organizational prowess, creativity, ability to design posters or T-shirts, knowledge of video production, sensitivity to aesthetics, financial expertise, or ability to motivate and persuade others.
- Attends every rehearsal and show.
What is Rangeela?
Rangeela is Calvin's annual cross-cultural showcase of dance, song, drama, and history. It is an opportunity to tell stories from across the globe that represent our diverse community. Rangeela brings people together from all cultures and backgrounds to learn from each other and affirm that no matter where we are from, all of us belong to the multifaceted beauty of God’s kingdom and world.
Rangeela (Hindi for “colorful”) is put together by a committee of student leaders supported by the International Student Development Office.
Each year, Rangeela consistently sells out two consecutive nights in the Covenant Fine Arts Center.