Ambassadors are department representatives that communicate and promote Healthy Habits programs and activities. Ambassadors are passionate about health and wellbeing. In short, Ambassadors encourage colleagues and co-workers to treat their bodies as God's creation for lifelong Christian service.
Who is my ambassador?
Why have an Ambassador?
Healthy Habits is a program designed to promote and integrate wellness into the culture of Calvin staff and faculty. Through the Ambassador Program, we are able to put a “face” to Healthy Habits. Additionally, behavior modification is facilitated successfully when groups of individuals share a common goal. Group participants share their experience and strengthen each other. The Ambassador Program works toward establishing a culture of health and wellness at Calvin, beginning at the department level.
What is the role of an Ambassador?
- Model a healthy lifestyle in their respective department and building.
- Be familiar with all Healthy Habits programming in order to field questions from co-workers.
- Communicate Healthy Habits program information in your department, division and/or building.
- Periodically assist with Healthy Habits programs if needed.
What is the role of Healthy Habits in relation to Ambassadors?
- Provide training, information and updates on new and existing Healthy Habits programs.
- Have methods in place to keep Ambassadors informed about Healthy Habits offerings.
- Listen to and respond to suggestions from Ambassadors.
- Encourage Ambassadors.
- Hold quarterly luncheons for Ambassadors.
Why become an Ambassador?
- You will be the first to know about Healthy Habits offerings.
- You will have input into program design and activities offered.
- You will receive a specially-designed Ambassador shirt.
- You will receive invitations to quarterly Ambassador luncheons.
- You will be recognized as playing a leadership role on campus!