Employees and supervisors manage their time using web-time entry.
All time submissions must be complete and accurate:
- Time recorded as worked must equal actual time worked.
- Time sheets must have both employee and supervisor approval.
- Time worked (not including paid time off) over 40 hours in one week is paid as overtime.
- Time off (sick, funeral, jury duty and vacation) must be clearly noted.
- Premium pay (overtime, holiday time worked and on-call time) must be clearly recorded.
- Chapel break and Healthy Habits lunch extensions may be recorded as time worked.
Employees must complete and electronically sign off on their time sheets by 4:00 p.m. on the Monday of the pay week.
Supervisors must electronically sign off on their employees' time sheets by 11:59 p.m. on the Monday of the pay week.
Employees will be notified if their time sheet is incomplete and will be asked to complete a paper "correction time sheet." Correction time sheets must include the total hours for the pay period and employee and supervisor signatures. Any correction time sheets submitted past 4:00 p.m. on the Monday preceding a Friday pay date will be included on the following payroll.
Stipend submissions must be complete and accurate:
- Must include all pertinent information such as date, name of recipient, service rendered, account number and payment amount.
- Must follow the signatures rules: Less than $200 – Department Chair or Budget Officer; Between $200 and $500 – Dean; Over $500 – Provost or Divisional VP
Stipends for non-exempt (hourly) employees (including students) must be submitted to the payroll office by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding a payroll week to be included in that payroll. Stipends for exempt (salaried) employees need to be submitted to our office one week prior to the pay date. All stipends received after these deadlines will be included on the next payroll.
Any employee paid during the calendar year on payroll must have all subsequent payments during that year processed through payroll as well, including honorarium.
Payroll/Honoraria Examples – Helps you determine whether payment should be paid through Accounts Payable or an honorarium.
Direct Deposit/Tax Changes
Hourly employees (includes students): Forms are due by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the pay week. Any forms that are submitted after this time will be entered for the next available payroll.
Salaried employees: Forms must be submitted one week prior to the pay date to be processed for that payroll. Any forms that are submitted less than one week prior to the payroll will be entered for the next available payroll.
Payroll Advance Policy
No payroll advances are given.
For Student Employee Superviors
- E-Cards must be submitted prior to a student beginning work
- E-Cards submitted after 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceeding the pay week will be entered for the next available payroll.