Calvin provides assistance to those who have faithfully served our country. As a way of showing our thanks for your service, our goal is to provide prompt, courteous and professional service to you during your time as a student at Calvin.
You are able to use military education benefits to pay for tuition and, potentially, other college expenses. These benefits are based on your record of service or your parent's or spouse's record. Calvin charges a single tuition rate for undergraduate students regardless of residency.
- The GI Bill is a large program with various benefits for eligible veterans seeking to advance their education. As a potential beneficiary of veterans education benefits you should carefully evaluate the resources available to you, your spouse or dependent child.
- Calvin is partnered with the Department of Veterans Affairs in the Yellow Ribbon program. This is designed specifically for those who are fully eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Qualified individuals in the program will have 100% of their tuition and fees covered.
- Other Calvin students have taken advantage of the ROTC program » offered in conjunction with Western Michigan University. This program allows students to take classes at Calvin while simultaneously taking ROTC classes at WMU's Grand Rapids campus.
Apply for benefits
If you are qualified to receive benefits for any VA programs, please take the following steps.
- Apply to the VA following the instructions listed in their Road Map for Success.
- Notify us of your intentions to claim VA assistance by submitting a copy of your Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) or other appropriate documentation to Birthene Banks, Calvin's VA Certifying Official, who will process your request.
- Once you are enrolled (registered) for an academic term at Calvin, you must notify us of any changes to your course schedule. Modifications to your class schedule (i.e. dropping below full-time) could alter your eligibility for benefits.
For other questions related to Calvin's support for military veterans, please contact the following individuals: